Monday, May 4, 2009

2 Big changes.....

First of all, Brandon and I have added to our family. We are now the proud ma and pa of an adorable Chinchilla named Chilly!! He's precious and soo much fun to watch. Totally skiddish around us kinda right now, but everyday he seems to be getting more and more used to us. He's a black velvet colored chinchilla (there are apparently several different colors that these soft guys come in) and I wish I could just hold him and cuddle him all day. Chinchilla's are not cuddlers, well atleast I don't think so.

This weekend we spent alot of time with him just letting him roam around one of our rooms while we watched him and talked to him (yes we talk to him in our silly voices, doesn't everyone??! ) I feel like he was trusting us more cause he would just come up and jump on us, sniff us out. I was laying on the floor on my stomach and he would run up leg, up my back, climb onto my head, stand there for a few second, Brandon would hold his hands out and he would jump into his hands!! Totally cute!!!

Also these guys can apparently jump REAALLLY high. He would run towards the door and like jump up the door about half way. He did this several times in a row and it was sooo funny and random. Another thing these guys do that's funny is take dust baths. They have super dense fur and with 50 hairs PER follicle, they cannot get wet with water. It could cause them to get hyporthermia. So what do they do to clean? They take dust baths. The dust is made of volcanic rock and some other stuff but they LOVE it. We got a really big round fish bowl and he can jump on top of it and go into the hole and he roles around in the dust. It's the funniest thing. They just go nuts with this stuff!!!

He likes to hop over and crawl under our table and chairs in our kitchen.

Chilly in his cage...chilllin :)

We also got him this huge ball to roll around in to get some exercise. It's taking some time for him to get used to it, but he's getting there. He's better at reverse than forwards, but he's soo cute to watch in that thing!!

Other change is that Friday I went and had and IUD (Mirena) put in. It hurt for like 1.7 minutes and then it was just cramps. We've decided to go this route because A.) I hate taking a pill every.single.day B.) this is a one time $50 and insurance covers the rest as apposed to paying for my BCP once a month for the same amount C.) we aren't planning on having kids for several years and this can stay in for 5 years. It just seemed like the best decision to do!!!

I asked my doctor about the many horror stories which I had read on the internet and she disclaimed all of them. She said most of the hormone changes (severe mood swings, stress, depression, anxiety, etc) are because there body is not getting the hormones that they were getting from the BCP. With the IUD you get a TINY percent of progesterone which is only for the Uterus, it apparently does not go into your blood system at such a high rate that BCP does. SO therefore you aren't getting all the hormones that you were. I don't think I'll have a problem like someone had with all that stuff. The first 4-6 months my body will be adjusting to it and thickening up the uterine wall and fun stuff like that, YAY! But we shall see. Hopefully this journey will be successful and no severe problems will come from it!! I'll keep my blog updated with it, cause I'm sure your just dying to know every detail :)

No comments: