Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Uggggghhhhh f'n credit cards....

I hate them, I hate them, I hate them. (this is about to be long cause I have to get it out). Sooo several years ago, I was like 21 or 22 and got the notion that I needed to collect every single Boyd's Bear that was ever invented. If you don't know what they are I'll tell ya.

Boyds Bears are these really cute bears and they are collectibles. They are all named with different names, have the cutest outfits and come in all types of furs and sizes. WELL I got hooked. I felt like I had to get every single boyd bear known to man. The thing is the only way I could get them was CREDIT CARDS. I worked a minimum wage job part time and went to school full time, I couldn't cover the costs of them on my own wage. Well I got, at that time 8 or 9 credit cards?? WTF was I thinking..oh that's right I was super depressed and buying things (boyds bears) helped me deal with my grief. I was buying these things, packages were being shipped to my house, my parents weren't saying anything to me (even though they saw all the packages), and I was hiding all these damn boxes under my bed. I finally got three HUGE rubbermaid containers for them. I had even collected an entire resin village, that to this day hasn't even come out of the boxes!!!! Needless to say I am currently suffering from my need to have to buy things to fill the hole in my heart from many years ago. I had gotten a loan from my bank and had settled with most of my credit cards except for one which was current which is why they woudln't settle with me. Well now that one darn credit card (and my lack of paying on time) is causing me greif. And here's why.

FI and I went this past weekend to look at that house I posted about below. We adored the house soo much. It had a few things that we liked and a few things we would have to change but overall it was precious. Then Sunday we were looking and found another super cute
house. It's cheaper and honestly wouldn't need any work at all!!! The backyard is awesome and sooo cute!!! My most favorite part (and this is dumb) the number of the address is 1010 which is mine and FI's lucky number (well just the single number 10) and when we saw it, it just seemed soo perfect!!!

Well soo now we are trying to work with this loan lady about getting pre-approved and booo to that damn credit card. Sooo I'm short a few points of being able to even start the loan process because of this credit card. Soooo I'm having to make like 3 payments this month to get it caught up (which yes I know will be for the best in the end) but now we have to wait like 30 days for the loan lady to pull my credit again to see the improvements in my score!!! i'm super bummed!!!!! what if this house gets off the market?? I guess that means it wasn't meant to be, or something, I don't know.....fffffff I HATE CREDIT CARDS!!!!!

I guess in the mean time we can save up some more money for our down payment and that always helps but I'm sooo scared of the house getting snagged up!! It's just in the perfect area, the grocery store is right across the street, a gas station is too, right down the street from getting up on the highway, I mean it couldn't be more perfect!!! And I also would feel comfortable jogging in the neighborhood it's in, which is important to me and FI. So we shall just see.

My parents are also having reservations about us looking at houses. My dad thinks we are getting the cart before the horse. Ok I might could understand that if we weren't getting married, but we are getting married in 6 months!!!! WTF!!! He said well couldn't ya'll live in an apartment for a few months after the wedding and then get a house?? WHAT??? And just throw that rent money away for nothing?? That's not wise in my opinion!!! Why would he even say that?? I think he is just nervous about us getting something and then not being able to afford it. I think thats the real issue. FI is going to be taking a test in like 3 weeks in order to get a better paying job ($9 more an hour!!!!) and that will help TREMENDOUSLY!!! PLUS we aren't looking at houses over 90k, we are looking at the ones in the lower 80s and the mortgage on them is cheaper than an apartment!!!!

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that everything will work out and we can get our house and that will be that!!!!

2 comments:

Mrs. Boom said...

Ugh....I really hope it all works out for you, Meg!
I'm still trying to get my score back up after a bad time with cc's in my younger days. They are such a scam and the companies should be required to counsel first-time consumers about the risks of cc use before approving. If we only knew then what we know now. {{{hugs}}}

Meg said...

Thank you Jen!! =) yes if only I would've known then what I know now. I know for darn sure my children will counseled by me personally on this issue, and I hope to go they do not have to go through this with me. I swear credit card companies are the devil!!!